When we refer to online games we are normally referring to video type games that we play on a computer via the internet. Some video games are played over the internet using mobile phones and video consoles, but generally speaking online 마이크로게임 games means computer games that need an internet connection to be played. Simple text-based multiplayer games were the first of these types of games as internet connections were slow and expensive when these games were first introduced in the 1980s. Gradually these games became popular in the 1990s, with today’s online games featuring virtual communities, realistic graphics and multiplayer games where people can even play one to one or in knock out tournaments for cash prizes. We all know that the internet is the fastest growing markets in the history of the world but did you know that there is an online games sector that is growing 4 times faster than the internet overall! Yes! and it’s the “Online Skill Games” market.
There are many kinds of Online games
Some of the different types of online games that exist:
- Real time strategy games: This type of game is all about strategy where, for your military services to fight successfully up against the other internet players you need to establish game plan by building lots of resources
- First person shooter: Here the players compete with each other one to one. In most first-person type games, the online game allows the death match or arena style of play. In this style of game play the view you see is the one seen from your character’s eyes.
- Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing games (MMORPG): In this type of game each person has to keep trying to reach the next highest level until fresh reached the top one written for that game and these online games can have, simultaneously, thousands of players from every an area of the globe, playing in a giant virtual world toddler experience against or with each other. Gamers can continue playing these types of games for months or even years!
- Cell phone browser type games: These are pastime games that are quick, simple and small that are played in your cell phone browser. The popular Java and Shockwave technologies are used to develop these games.
- Online skill games: An online skill based game is a web game played in tournament format or one to one. Each player pays a cash entry fee to play with a cash or merchandise prize going to the winner or winners. The actual end result of each competition is based on the player’s ability and performance not luck.
How do Online game Companies Make money
All games today, are playable online. How do we make money? This is the question that companies making the online games have to ask themselves. The majority of companies make single-player games that are played at home and in this the participant has to beat the artificial learning ability of the opposing. Today these games normally include an online multiplayer version which can be played against or with other Internet players. By selling their game DVD/CDs is how these companies earn their profit e. you have g. Warcraft 3 and Counter Strike. Advertising and promotions is how cell phone browser game companies make their money. MMORPG companies generally charge their players a monthly fee and continue to add content by programming new scenarios etc in their games e. you have g. Everquest 2 and World of warcraft. Some don’t, but survive because their DVD/CD sales are high e. you have g. Guild Wars.
What is the future of online games?
Soon there will be a new entry into the online skill games market. According to their Free online games Market Report they will be the first company with their new online skill games platform, to launch a business that encapsulates three of the newest phenomena on the internet today. Online games Entertainment, Social networking using web 2. 0 and a new way of marketing which has been described as Social Marketing 2. 0. One of the core differences with this new platform over the conventional models is that we the players can if we’d like share in the profits while we play our games. With the market today (2007) worth approximately $5. 2 billion USD and predicted to rise in the next 3 years to over $13 billion USD that’s $412 per second and with social networking sites already reaching 45% of web users and the 4 major Instant Messengers having more than 400 million users between them this potentially could be a whole lot of money.